Looking for scrounging buddy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ribs1

Hearth Supporter
Sep 1, 2009
Michigan
www.cponsite.net
OK,
My new Pacific Energy Summit insert will be installed on Monday. I have about 1 1/2 cords of wood that's been seasoning for about 2 years. I will probably have to buy the rest for this season, but it's time for me to get ready for next season but I'm having a few problems
1. I don't really want to be cutting wood alone for safety reasons.
2. I need a mentor to help learning to use my saw

This is what I CAN do
1. We heated our house growing up with wood for 15 years but my dad never let me handle the saw. Because of this, I can split and stack like there is no tomorrow. With my 8 pound maul, a few wedges and a sledge hammer I can probably split faster than someone can load logs onto a hydraulic splitter.
2. I have a Ford Ranger, planning to buy a trailer and own a Dolmar 5100 saw. I also might have a few connections with property for cutting (still working on those)
3. Self employed so time is flexible

Anyone in the South Eastern part of Michigan? I am in Saline near Ann Arbor.

Welcome aboard. How far are you willing to drive? I live in Commerce Twp/Novi area, about 45 min-1 hour from ya. Heatit (from this forum) and I do a little bit of cutting together.

Ribs1

Too funny. I know you (well, your username) from the Huron Fishing site. I'd be happy to cut with you any time and I'm in Dexter.
Pm me your contact info.

schortie said:
Ribs1

Too funny. I know you (well, your username) from the Huron Fishing site. I'd be happy to cut with you any time and I'm in Dexter.
Pm me your contact info.

Small world. That's pretty cool. I'll take you to the secret carp spots if you take me to the secret wood cuttin spots.

Cutting down the trees yourself isn't scrounging! Scrounging is letting somebody else do the hard work and you just load your bed or trailer!

I prefer to let others bring the wood to me. In order to do this I need to put myself in the right location. The counties around here have a brush dump where people drop off trees they have cut down. Maybe yours does too?

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.