Looking for seasoned wood in Central Indiana

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacko1243

Dec 29, 2014
Indiana
My family and I have been supplying our wood stoves with wood from our families' woods for years. Unfortunately, our family sold the woods this year. Can anybody recommend a trustworthy seasoned hardwood supplier in Central Indiana? Thank you

I don't know of any but if you live near Morgan/Monroe state forest it's worth the trip to their office to get a wood cutting tag.just thought of this on CL I believe forest commodities is selling kiln dried wood it's south on SR67

I don't know of any but if you live near Morgan/Monroe state forest it's worth the trip to their office to get a wood cutting tag.just thought of this on CL I believe forest commodities is selling kiln dried wood it's south on SR67
I'm about 30 minutes North of Indianapolis but thanks for the idea. I appreciate it.

Your about an hour from there maybe a little more but buying seasoned wood is going to give you a headache. I did hear something about a lot of ash trees being taken down in the city maybe a call to the parks dept. wouldn't hurt.

Your about an hour from there maybe a little more but buying seasoned wood is going to give you a headache. I did hear something about a lot of ash trees being taken down in the city maybe a call to the parks dept. wouldn't hurt.
Thanks, I will check into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.