Looking for Similiar stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eba1225

Feeling the Heat
Mar 30, 2007
Chester Springs, Pa
Well the boss has picked out the design of stove that she likes.
The stove she picked is the Lopi Declaration due to its flush design and double doors.

Do you know of any other inserts that are as flush as the Declaration so that we can do some comparisons and negotiations with the dealers?

Thanks for your help,
Erik

I wish we had a medium sized flush insert. Most of what you will find sticks out onto the hearth unfortunately.

Have you looked at the other sister models from Travis? It won't help you much in negotiation since its the same basic stove. The double doors will be hard to find in a flush model... You might have to choose between flush or double doors or just go with the declaration. Jotul also has a double door model that is pseudo-flush if I recall. Its a cast model with a different look to it than the declaration.

Eric

Well just wanted to you let you guys know that we are now the proud owners of a fireplace insert. We went with the Lopi Declaration.

The dealer wanted it out of their warehouse, needed room for grills, so they gave us a "deal".

I will be installing the unit as well as the liner with insulation in June.

Already have a couple cords of green wood ready for splitting and some seasoned ready for burning.

All of the information that I have found on this site has been an invaluable resource. I will be tuning in constantly to provide information and my experience with the stove.

I can't wait to see the oil man drive by.

Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.