1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Looking for some input about installing enamel stove pipe..

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Sithspawn, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Sithspawn

Sithspawn New Member

Loc:
    Newfoundland, Canada
    I'm looking at installing a Bordeaux Vermont Castings Encore 2 n 1 woodstove & matching enamel pipe. I'm weary about chipping the enamel pipe while installing.

In single or double wall stove pipe I usually put 3 stainless steel screws in each piece just make sure I get a good connection. I'm sure If I do this with the enamel pipe it's going to chip.

Anyone have some good success in doing this without chipping the enamel pipe or anything You can suggest that I do to prevent the pipe from chipping ???

Thanks for all Your answers in advance :)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. A1Stoves.com

A1Stoves.com Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CA
    tighten the self tapping screws by hand
    the holes in the female end should be pre drilled at the factory, be sure to pre drill the holes in the male end. 9/64 bit for std black self tappers
  3. Peak and Pine

Peak and Pine New Member

Loc:
    Deep Maine
    Put a strip of masking tape over where the holes will go. Then put another one or two strips over that. You'll be able to make your marks with a regular pencil (on the tape) and the mastic will stop the enamel from shattering. Remove tape very carefully, like so: press a finger over the tape at the hole while removing tape gently from both sides, then from over the hole. I envy your enameled pipe; what color? Newfoundlanders pronounce it Newfoundland, correct?
  4. Sithspawn

Sithspawn New Member

Loc:
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Vermont Casting " Bordeaux " is the color :)

You have to pronounce it " Newfoundland" as one word & as quick as possible.... not New...Found....Land :p