looking for stove door Silhouette

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

save$

Minister of Fire
Sep 22, 2008
Chelsea Maine
Last season there was a couple of postings about a someone who has fashioned forest scenes cut from sheet metal to be placed between the door and the fire pot. These were metal Silhouette. The reason I am asking is my son is installing a big black box that has a case of the uglies. His wife is not pleased with it at all, but accepts it as their alternative to paying high fuel prices again for propane. They got a good deal on the stove so they will need to live with it this year. Maybe work toward something more pleasing to look at next year.
I tried several entries in the search box without luck.
If someone can share the forum thread with me, I would like to show my daughter in law what she might have as an option to dress the stove up a bit.
thanks

Northlineexpress sells multiple colors of High Temp paint. A color thats more suitable for the room it will be in might help also. Lots of colors to choose from.

I do remember the thread. I wouldnt mind having one. As the log set is worthless and cumbersome to clean and clean around.

Thank you for the find. This is just what I was looking for. I only made to connection part way. Got a PM from another very respected Member who even had a suggestion for someone who makes cut out.
I am sending the information to my son. If he can get his stove dressed up a little, I think his wife may be more receptive of it.
Thank again.

I'm one of the guys that did this for a while, I started with a sunburst that sat upright on edge for solid floor pot stoves like the quads. I sold some for a while, then lost my metal fab company connection due to the recession (they kept only high dollar accts and mine was not one of them!). I did find another cutter but never got the volume of orders to make it work, the day time job takes most of my time. I do have leftover sunbursts that I'd part with cheap, and I also have the files for the blank plates (drop in converted jpegs or gifs and the laser does it's thing) if anyone wants to putz. Thanks imac for the heads up to this thread, like I said I'll share what I can and part with what's left cheap.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 211
Thanks, I have ordered mine! Would hope CZECH would be able to find another company to work with. I can't help but think that with a better networking method, hearth silhouettes would continue to be a worth while sales item. Imagine having options for other silhouettes, like your favorite hot car, seasonal items, like a carved out pumpkin, Santa"s hot sleigh, or a speed skater, skier etc.

save$ said:
Thanks, I have ordered mine! Would hope CZECH would be able to find another company to work with. I can't help but think that with a better networking method, hearth silhouettes would continue to be a worth while sales item. Imagine having options for other silhouettes, like your favorite hot car, seasonal items, like a carved out pumpkin, Santa"s hot sleigh, or a speed skater, skier etc.

Mine was delivered yesterday. Quality product. Very nice guy. Was delivered 2 days. Even nicer than I thought.
Thanks Czech.

<blushing> Ah shucks guys, thanks. Saves, the programming is such that any jpegs or gifs can be converted and 'dropped' on the blank and be cut by the laser, it is pretty cool technology. You can take anything that is not copyright (sports logos would be very cool!) and carve it. As I may have told folks, the recession caused the metal fab shop to carve out smaller accts, I was one of them. That said, I did find another shop but would need to re-address quality and process with them before running again. And get an injection of cash too! I start a new day job Monday, maybe I can do another run in the future. We'll need to start the 'what picture will it be' debate again.....

Darn it hot in this office right now! I need to change clothes, this is ridiculous....

Status
Not open for further replies.