looking for the right stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardin52

Mar 28, 2008
A farm in Maine
OK I have a Quadra Fire in my house so I know these stoves. The local Grange has a room that is 40 feet wide by 45 feet long with 16 foot ceilings with a fan in the ceiling that got insulated last summer. I picked up a Quadra fire Mt. Vernon second hand for $1,200. and installed it last summer. It will heat this space right now but is working pretty hard. It puts out 60,000 BTU's. The grange likes the stove and wanted to put another one one the opposite wall. They do not have a lot of money so I have been looking for another one second hand but they are pretty scarce.

So what else is out there that would fill their needs? They want a thermostat they can set in advance to so the stove will keep a low heat for several days then come on in advance of a meeting. They need something that is at least 60,000 BTU's and something that is well made and easy to get serviced.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.