looking for wood...or morels.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kjahnz

Burning Hunk
Oct 14, 2012
Minnesota
Anyone else find morels while looking for btu's IMAG0050.jpg

Reactions: Fred Wright
I have found about 50 morels this season. I look hard every year. They are a really special spring treat!

Usually find fire wood while lookin for shrooms, either ways its all good

That's nice. Good eatin', too :)

I wish... left some rotting sweetgum saplings lay in the woodlot a few years back in the hopes of getting morels. Darn deer always get to 'em before I do.

Have found a couple on my property where I've cut, but my main area I discovered when putting up natural ground blinds for deer season. Maybe 40 this year. Morels+tenderloin = best meal on earth.

You can grow a gilled variety called "Garden giant" easily in mulch, or oysters and shitake on your oak limbs and stumps to get ya through the rest of the year.

Took the picture inside the paper bag that the morels were in.

Reactions: Applesister
Here's supper tonite.

image.jpg

A good score this morning.IMAG0053.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.