Looking for wood vender - south east PA.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick06

Minister of Fire
Sep 27, 2008
media, pa
I have been buying wood from the same guy for the past few years, fair price and good quality wood. BUT this year he keeps saying he will deliver but hasnt shown up for about a month so far.

Lots of people on craigslist, but I am looking for anyone in south east PA (Media, Pa) that I might be able to get a good reccomendation from. For what it is worth, I am looking for 4 cords.

Thanks
Rick

Last edited:
If it's worth anything, I was looking for a good supplier for 6 months and didn't find anyone (abington area). Fortunately I see free firewood everywhere from Horsham south, but I think most dealers are small and inconsistent in the area. And as you can imagine, there isnt any firewood for sale that is more than 5 months cut bc all of the small guys ran out last year. your guy might be waiting for the 6 month mark so that he can sell it at a 'seasoned price', but so is everyone else unfortunately.

Got it delivered, Chips tree service. Good quality wood, (volume looks good, didnt see any soft woods, didnt see any bugs/rotted wood) sure isnt "super dry" but he didnt claim it was. So thats good! He said he might not keep doing firewood in the future (he is a tree service, not just firewood), so I might be looking next year....

Great news. you get 4 cords? With the abundance and variety of hardwoods in Philadelphia area, Id be surprised to find a softwood in a delivery from anyone. if you don't mind me asking, what are they charging per cord and delivery? i just scored free locust and oak cut to length on my way back from the beer store. triple score.

Reactions: D8Chumley
4 cords delivered for $900, maybe a bit more, $950, i forget.

no beer with the delivery :)

Maverick can you tell what the majority of the wood is? I'm close to you but I scrounge. Just like to know the kinds for that price delivered. Thanks

As best as I can tell its mostly Ash. Pretty good stuff, certainly has some of the wood chips/small chunks, but thats ok. no bugs no soft woods (that i have noticed)

Status
Not open for further replies.