Looking for York Insert Igniter Info (Heater Cartridge)(Firerod)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

odlaw

Hearth Supporter
Aug 14, 2009
Central NY
I am pretty sure I can buy one from Grainger or Newark but need to know some info first. Does the cartridge have a dead or cool zone? Does it only heat at the tip etc. My cartridge measures 3/8dia 4in length 120v and 250w. Dealer wants over 100 and I know these babies are only about 30 dollars. Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Dave

Thanks for the info.
Do you know if the original elements are zoned? I guess i am asking what is the required spot of the element for heat.
It looks like I would need the tip to glow for my stove. My reasoning comes from experience I gained years ago working with
machinery containing cartridge heating elements. The life span of the cartridge is shortened considerably if it is allowed to glow with nothing but air around it.
I could burn out certain cartridges immediatly just by applying power to it in an open space. These cartridges I am talking about were for heating materials and not for ignition.
Thanks again
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.