Looking for zone valves what are folks using

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpilihp

Feeling the Heat
Apr 22, 2008
Coastal ME
Im looking to purchase a few zone valves and wondering what folks are using. I see several options on pexsupply.com

This one is $55 not bad price but anyone have experience with it?
Honeywell V8043E1012 - 3/4" Sweat Zone Valve

This one is $72 and is motorized high tech but is it worth it?
Taco EBV075C2-2 - 3/4" Motorized EBV Zone Valve

THis one is $83 and says it saves power while the valve is open but is it a big enough difference.
Taco 571-2 - 3/4" 571 Sweat Zone Valve

Any others people are using.

Thanks

~ Phil

Phil,

I have been using the Honeywell zone valves for some time - pretty reliable, cheap and plentiful - and previously installed in the radiant floor loops.

If I had it to do all over again, I would probably go with the Taco EBV for the reduced power consumption - being off-grid and such.

Steve

Folks up here have been using the Taco 500 series for years now in the trade. The power heads are easily replaceable no tools needed and cheap on ebay.

Erie is another one with a cheap quickly replaceable power head. They tend to be a lot more reliable than the taco ones. I see to many dead taco valves.

I use the Honeywell - just put a 1" on my EKO and have had 12 (12 zones) on my oil boiler since 2004 with not one issue.

Thanks all sounds like many good options. THanks for sharing. Im going to try and get the motorized Taco ones,

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.