Looking Forward to Wood Processing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have about 2 cords worth of logs / larger branches to get through still. Looking forward to doing that on Saturday. I may be only able to do a cord, nap a few hours, load up on food, and then get back out there and finish up. We'll see how it goes. Next step is to split the larger stuff with my log splitter, and I'll have all my wood processed for seasoning. Thinking one actual log splitter day will finish up everything that requires splitting. Not sure if anyone else gets excited about this labor, but it is a peaceful time free of stress and care. Cheaper than a gym membership

I hear ya. I havent stepped into a gym since I was 16 years old,that was over 30 years ago.Working in the woods part time since I was 17 & my regular construction job since early 20's has helped keep me fit & pretty healthy.Though I'm finally slowing down the past few years,havent lost my passion for it,just have less endurance now.

I always look forward to wood processing,whether its just cleaning up a little or cutting 2-3 truckloads.

Reactions: ScotO
Especially for those who work in an office I can see where they would really look forward to a weekend putting up firewood. And yes, firecracker, there are many of us who look forward to doing this.

I hope the storms missed you last night.

Reactions: ScotO
Especially for those who work in an office I can see where they would really look forward to a weekend putting up firewood. And yes, firecracker, there are many of us who look forward to doing this.

I hope the storms missed you last night.

Storms in the area blew down trees. I was unaffected though. We've had very strange weather I will admit. The Midwest and Northeast seem to be getting pounded by severe weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.