looking into gasifier any sugg will be helpful

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
i am considering one of these as it should be easier than just burning wood stove... i have oil fired furnance which pumps water to heat exchanger then becomes forced hot air....
i have 3 zones..... i would like to get a big to do 3000 sq ft plus but don't think 3 zones will run at once so maybe i could get smaller one?..... could you please give sugg and how much this might run me???
thanks
ice

could you please give sugg
I know from reading a bunch of posts just like yours that the preferred method is to determine your buildings heat loss first. This will give you a starting point to size your boiler. Past years fossil fuel use will also come into play here. After that you have to determine the actual method of piping it into your existing system, another popular thread. Oh yeah the most important part, you get to pick out a boiler. Most all the posters seem happy with their picks.
Also the forum search box is an awesome tool. This question is one of the more popular topics on this list.

Status
Not open for further replies.