Looking out my window

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krex1010

Minister of Fire
Jan 3, 2010
southeast pa
Looking out my back window, my thermometer is reading 0*F and there is a miserable looking doe standing outside. Nights like this make me really really glad I'm not a deer. I was going to go out and get a load of wood but I feel bad spooking her, she has it tough enough tonight, I think I'll wait until she moves on to get my wood.

I hear ya... sometimes I actually feel bad for the deer that my dog terrorizes and chases off, until I hit them with my truck and have to pay a $500 deductable.

Its 10* down here and I feel bad sending the dog out for a few minutes. I defiantly feel bad for the wildlife that lives out there all winter. At least they have a fur coat.

Wood spliter: Use "Alt + 0186" to get the "Degree" sign (º) (FYI)

It's -10ºF here in CT this morning, (and I'm sure it was "overnight" as well........lol)

The dogs go out, they do their thing, I let them in...........

As for getting wood............I'll wait at least until the sun's up, ty.

-soupy1957

Depending on the breed the dog might not care about 10 degrees. -10 is a bit different.

Matt

the other morning it was -20 here. Usually my black lab likes to run around for about 20 minutes, but that morning it was strictly business then back to the door.

-20 this morning. House was chilly, at about 60. That's with me getting up at 4:30 to reload. 2 good sized splits, and the stove is at 650- house is at 64 and slowly rising.
We've got an older Newfie who could care less how cold it is. She goes out, does her biz, then lays in the snow when it's 0 out. I have to make her come in.

PapaDave said:
-20 this morning. House was chilly, at about 60. That's with me getting up at 4:30 to reload. 2 good sized splits, and the stove is at 650- house is at 64 and slowly rising.
We've got an older Newfie who could care less how cold it is. She goes out, does her biz, then lays in the snow when it's 0 out. I have to make her come in.

My Dog is bucking and kicking when its time to go out.......lol She's hating it!!

I am about ready to start cutting more soft maple for the deer but they are still digging up acorns from last fall so they are still in good shape.

You guys sure live in a cold climate. :shut:
Suppose to get up to +8 °C (46 °F ) here today. One of the benefits of living in Canada I guess. ;-P

BTW. Soupy you can also get the Degree signs (both Fahrenheit, and Celsius) in the Smileys box.

Status
Not open for further replies.