Looking though old threads I found this priceless gem, BB is too funny

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Codeman812

Feb 19, 2007
Medina, NY
I laughed my posterior off at this
This is the thread for those interested.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/1774/P0/

[quote author="BrotherBart" date="1143138716"]
Come listen to my story bout a man named Jed
Poor mountaineer hardly kept his family fed
Then one day he was chopping up some wood
When up to his block
Walked some snotty Canuck dude
Slick feller. Tasseled loafers. Ascot.

Well the next thing you know old Jed's installed forced air
Kin folks said "Jed it's freezing cold in there"
They said renewable heat is where you oughta be
So he dusted off the saw and went lookin for a tree
Bore cut. Hand split. Stacked in a Holtz Hausen.[/quote]

Inspired by this email that "thechimneysweep" got from a guy in Canada. Well, by that and Budweiser.

“Wood smoke stinks and is “hillbilly heating” from caveman days. Where I live I have never met an intelligent wood burner - they are backwards, ignorant (education wise), they drive pickup trucks, and smoke cigarettes. I was a former by-law officer in our area and 75% of the unsightly properties were wood burners with their collection of railway ties, pallets, milled wood , treated wood and garbage and of course the derelict vehicles. Their properties are breeding grounds for rats, weasels and termites.”

Damn, I'm surprised that guy didn't blame it on the Jews or Blacks!

Having sold stoves in an upscale community, my customers were more like "she's a professional, he's a professional" or else "he's an executive, she's a soccer mom". I did sell to a bunch of working people but that was more common when fuel was higher (1979-81, etc.). That was when EVERYONE bought stoves!

We've been called Cavemen more than once....notice those Geico commercials are now evolving...the Cave guy is calling up and complaining about the poster in the airport and his therapist gave him a doll to talk to! What a great ad campaign! When he rants about being picked on he says "yeah, like we did nothing....standing on all fours, fire, etc.".

It's hardly necessary, but I would like to reassure my American friends that there is no general disapproval of woodburning in Canada, despite Burning Issues and despite morons like this guy. And except for a few areas in the extreme south, termites are not a problem...

Weasels and rats?

And how the hell did you figure out the internet and stuff, being so backwards and all?

Just remember the basic South Park lesson (MSG, that's out your neck of the woods isn't it?) BLAME CANADA!!!

Gooserider

Gooserider said:
Just remember the basic South Park lesson (MSG, that's out your neck of the woods isn't it?) BLAME CANADA!!!

Gooserider

Yes, it's all our fault.

Sorry.

Can we all have a drink now? :coolsmile:

Kenny said:
Gooserider said:

Gooserider

Yes, it's all our fault.

Sorry.

Can we all have a drink now? :coolsmile:

Sounds good to me! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.