1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Looking to get a bigger wood stove. New to wood burning

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Longpond paperboy, Dec 20, 2012.

1. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Damp wood will make the glass dirty and lots of times a hot fire cleans it off.. You can dip a damp paper towel in the ashes and clean the glass off once cool then clean off with a clean damp paper towel.. I also use a special woodstove glass cleaner that I think I bought at Walmart.. I loaded the stove last night and it got to 81 in the house still 75 9 hrs. later and it was in the low 20's here last night.. Time to open a window ..

Ray

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Longpond paperboy

Longpond paperboy Member

I am finally relaxing. I still have to figure it out but I am very very happy. Got the Wood stove in. Mounted the tv and moved the recliner. Merry Christmas men

Attached Files:

raybonz likes this.
  3. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    Very good! Yeah, there's a learning curve to these thing. You'll learn the nuances of your stove with experience and will be an TN19 expert in short order. You'll also learn to read your wood and understand how it will influence the burn. Have fun! :)

BTW, nice stove-themed end table/plant stand you have there... ::-)
  4. Longpond paperboy

Longpond paperboy Member

Woody that is my old Upland. I have it on Craig's list but if it don't sell I actually like it.
  5. ddddddden

ddddddden Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Va
    @ $275 /month for propane, it looks like the new stove might pay for itself in it's first season. :)

Well done!

Enjoy!
  6. Longpond paperboy

Longpond paperboy Member

Thanks d. I am loving this
  7. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    The Upland is a decent little stove. Move it between the windows with a wall shield and proper hearth. Then put a proper stack on it and enjoy.