Looking to get a bigger wood stove. New to wood burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone. I got 7 hours of sleep which means the stove went 7 hours. This morning there was still wood and a lot of hot coals. I piece of raybonz's wood and we are off again. Thanks again. As for the glass. I did throw in some damp stuff.
Damp wood will make the glass dirty and lots of times a hot fire cleans it off.. You can dip a damp paper towel in the ashes and clean the glass off once cool then clean off with a clean damp paper towel.. I also use a special woodstove glass cleaner that I think I bought at Walmart.. I loaded the stove last night and it got to 81 in the house still 75 9 hrs. later and it was in the low 20's here last night.. Time to open a window ..

Ray

I am finally relaxing. I still have to figure it out but I am very very happy. Got the Wood stove in. Mounted the tv and moved the recliner. Merry Christmas men

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356358069.482267.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356358069.482267.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 126
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356358078.692928.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356358078.692928.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 144
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356358089.387610.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356358089.387610.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: raybonz
Very good! Yeah, there's a learning curve to these thing. You'll learn the nuances of your stove with experience and will be an TN19 expert in short order. You'll also learn to read your wood and understand how it will influence the burn. Have fun! :)

BTW, nice stove-themed end table/plant stand you have there... ::-)

The Upland is a decent little stove. Move it between the windows with a wall shield and proper hearth. Then put a proper stack on it and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.