Longpond paperboy Posted By Longpond paperboy, Dec 20, 2012 at 5:22 PM

1. raybonz

raybonz
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 5, 2008
    Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Damp wood will make the glass dirty and lots of times a hot fire cleans it off.. You can dip a damp paper towel in the ashes and clean the glass off once cool then clean off with a clean damp paper towel.. I also use a special woodstove glass cleaner that I think I bought at Walmart.. I loaded the stove last night and it got to 81 in the house still 75 9 hrs. later and it was in the low 20's here last night.. Time to open a window ..

Ray

2. Longpond paperboy

Longpond paperboy
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 7, 2012
    I am finally relaxing. I still have to figure it out but I am very very happy. Got the Wood stove in. Mounted the tv and moved the recliner. Merry Christmas men

Attached Files:

raybonz likes this.
  3. Woody Stover

Woody Stover
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 25, 2010
    Loc:
    Southern IN
    Very good! Yeah, there's a learning curve to these thing. You'll learn the nuances of your stove with experience and will be an TN19 expert in short order. You'll also learn to read your wood and understand how it will influence the burn. Have fun! :)

BTW, nice stove-themed end table/plant stand you have there... ::-)

4. Longpond paperboy

Longpond paperboy
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 7, 2012
    Woody that is my old Upland. I have it on Craig's list but if it don't sell I actually like it.

5. ddddddden

ddddddden
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 20, 2009
    Loc:
    Central Va
    @ $275 /month for propane, it looks like the new stove might pay for itself in it's first season. :)

Well done!

Enjoy!

6. Longpond paperboy

Longpond paperboy
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 7, 2012
  7. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    The Upland is a decent little stove. Move it between the windows with a wall shield and proper hearth. Then put a proper stack on it and enjoy.