Looking to get new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redburn

Mar 2, 2009
Southern Ct
I want to switch to a Jotul Oslo was thinking less moving parts than my Encore and the fact I'm really impressed with my neigbor's # 3. I have a 8in pipe does anyone think the 6 to 8 will be a problem. Its a tall pipe over 2 stories and has a strong draft now.....

I have the same setup. I just sold my encore and will be having my Oslo installed May 10th. I was told by several people I would not have a draft issue with the 8" liner. I guess we'll see but I'm pretty confident it will be ok. definately looking forward to the Oslo.
Good Luck.

I replaced a Defiant Encore with an Oslo. Have a 1.5 story tall exterior masonry chimney with clay tile liner. Basically the worst kind of chimney for draft. The thimble is 8" round, so I used a 6-to-8 adapter. I have almost no 6" pipe, only two elbows and about 1.5 feet of horizontal pipe into the thimble and adapter, then it's clay tiles to the cap.

Sounds marginal, but I've had no issues at all. The Oslo burns like a dream. Minimal moving parts. Starts up without having the crack any doors open. We couldn't be happier.

I'll bet your gonna be 100% fine. I've burned probably 40 or so wood stoves in the past 26 years. I'd put the Oslo in the top 5 for bein groovy.

Franks said:
I'll bet your gonna be 100% fine. I've burned probably 40 or so wood stoves in the past 26 years. I'd put the Oslo in the top 5 for bein groovy.

And folks who own Oslos are cool hipsters, right? :)

I think I'm sold.... Thanks for the feedback guys....

firefighterjake said:
Franks said:

And folks who own Oslos are cool hipsters, right? :)
We're the coolest, Jack! er, Jake!

Status
Not open for further replies.