Looks like a nice one

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarAndWood

Minister of Fire
Feb 3, 2008
Syracuse NY

Attachments

• american.jpg
    american.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 349
Really Nice.... I split both ways.. I don't discriminate.. LOL

No good. I'd have to pass on this simply because it would look silly and be very difficult splitting vertically with that thing.

^^ Thought it was funny too.

I personally have a really hard time thinking about $1500 for a used splitter without even a log cradle, hydraulic lifter or anything that might make splitting big stuff horizontally. The whole point of a big motor, high tonnage and a 4 way wedge (to my mind) is to make fast short work of big, heavy, gnarly stuff. This splitter seems to have none of those nicities...though I do like the trailer grade wheels and tires.

Hmmm . . . as much as I like splitting horizontally (the right way) . . . I would not pay $1,500 for a splitter that cannot go vertical or at least has a good log lift since there are times that I do go vertical on on those wicked big splits . . . also $1,500 is pretty pricey for a used splitter . . . even one that was a lot more than that new.

Some day Jake might come to his senses..... Hey Jake, how much wood do you have stacked now?

Backwoods Savage said:
Some day Jake might come to his senses..... Hey Jake, how much wood do you have stacked now?

A lot.

Adios Pantalones said:
American brand. Honda Engine

Did anyone else get a chuckle out of that?

Yep.

I'm not sure that I see $1500 worth of splitter there. Sure as heck not $2600.

Status
Not open for further replies.