Looks like it is going to get a little nasty for a few days.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasifier

Minister of Fire
Apr 25, 2011
St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
Tonight - Snow Likely - Lo 20 °F

Thursday - Snow/Sleet - Hi 30 °F

Thursday Night - Wintry Mix - Lo 28 °F

Friday - Wintry Mix - Hi 33 °F

Friday Night - Snow - Lo 3 °F

Saturday - Cold - Hi 8 °F

Saturday Night - Mostly Cloudy Lo -15 °F

Sunday - Cold -Hi 7 °F

Sunday Night - Mostly Clear Lo -5 °F

Hazardous weather condition(s):

Winter Weather Advisory
Hazardous Weather Outlook

Tonight: Snow likely, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 20. East wind between 9 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Thursday: Snow and sleet before 1pm, then sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then snow and sleet after 4pm. High near 30. East wind between 10 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Thursday Night: Freezing drizzle and sleet likely before midnight, then freezing rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 28. East wind between 7 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Friday: Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 1pm, then rain and snow between 1pm and 2pm, then snow after 2pm. High near 33. East wind 8 to 14 mph becoming west. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Friday Night: Snow, mainly before 3am. Low around 3. West wind between 11 and 14 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 8.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around -15.

Sunday: Sunny and cold, with a high near 7.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around -5.

Ja, the nice weather is over. -17°C low overnight and -14°C high for tomorrow. -22°C for Friday. Time to bring in some wood to fill the box. Doesn't look like I'll need any small splits for relights.

It's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllways nasty 'round here.

Going to chill down here, too.

But, way warmer than last year, so we're happy.

Where abouts in Eastern, N.Y. are you Daksy. Oh, the next time you ride up through the Adirondacks, if you go to Lake Placid, try this restaurant.

http://www.greatadirondacksteakandseafood.com/

Great dinners, great lunches, and great breakfast. They also brew their own beer there. Some good stuff. Cold and oh so tasty. I mean, if you like beer. Not that I would drink that..... I, Aaaa, I gotta go.

rrrrrrrr. All I'm getting is rain. sigh.

Looks like all the crap moves in about 1:45 am this morning.

zap

We have another snow storm coming 6 - 11 "my area. To hit around 3AM Thursday.
I knew the near 40° for 2 days was to good to be true. :)

Looks like Michigan is in for some nasty rain/snow mix. Winter is trying to come to the Lower 48 :)

Gasifier said:
Where abouts in Eastern, N.Y. are you Daksy. Oh, the next time you ride up through the Adirondacks, if you go to Lake Placid, try this restaurant.

http://www.greatadirondacksteakandseafood.com/

Great dinners, great lunches, and great breakfast. They also brew their own beer there. Some good stuff. Cold and oh so tasty. I mean, if you like beer. Not that I would drink that..... I, Aaaa, I gotta go.

Hey, Gasifier. We're in Averill Park in Rensselaer County, about
12 miles East of Albany & 16 miles from Mass...
Thanx for the info. I will send it to our HOG Chapter Director &
suggest it as a ride destination. The GF will hafta be the judge for the
quality of the brews. I'm C&S since 10 Jun 96...Food, on the other
hand, I DO enjoy...Probably TOO much...

'bout an inch of slush overnight here, and raining at the 'mo. :sick:

Still not calling for negative °F yet, though close Sat/Sun nights.I just hope the ice/slush melts out first :shut:

Lake Placid Pub and Brewery, also a great place. I mean, while you're in town..

1" of wet snow overnight, light snow/sleet now about 40 miles W of Albany. Probably change to rain shortly.

Still like late autumn down here...heck, the fire went out last night it was so warm(42 at 6am). I'm not asking for the nasty's but I know it'll be here soon enough. Hoping for decent weather so the saw and I can get out into the woods this weekend.

Last stove relight was Tuesday and it's been going since. I can't really complain... haven't seen any brutally cold days yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.