Loose Blaze King stove handle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hass

Minister of Fire
Mar 20, 2011
Alabama, NY
I just got home from work and went to load her up... and as I was opening the door, the handle seemed a bit sloppy. Sure enough, I open the door and the handle it self is loose. There's play in the handle. I looked in the manual and the only thing it has is for adjusting the tension on the door. Not for fixing the loose handle. I'm 99% positive I would have noticed it the last time I loaded the stove if it were like this. So it seems like it just did it during the day time. Anyone else have a problem like this? I'll probably burn the fire down good over night and look at it in the morning to see if I can tighten it.
The door seemed to close pretty tight, so I'm not worried about it opening up at night or have air leak in through the gasket... Not yet anyway. I might fire up the electric space heater during the day time if I can't tighten it up tomorrow AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.