Lopi agp pellet insert shutting down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: SESZOO
Belle, don't know how it works on Insert, but my Freestanding AGP has an air control Rod. I found by reducing Air to Burn-plate Pellets seem to burn hotter and cause less blockage and cleaner Plate? Also it is important to keep clear 1/8" hose from Combustion Motor clean where it goes to Brass Fitting. Gently twist off Hose and run a Pipe Cleaner as far into Fitting as it will go, if it comes out covered with Soot you are doing a good thing for your Stove and it may fix your Problem? Not to mention names, but Rob at Deans has been helpful to me, walking me through some fixes over the Phone. If he's not answering your calls he's probably in the Bahamas! Good luck, this sounds very fixable. Waiting for my $5 Class Action Coupon...

I have a free standing lopi agp and it's the worst investment I have ever made. Unlike most people my dealer has been very helpful but Travis industries is at fault. I am now on my 3rd stove as they couldn't figure out the problem with my other 2. My first 2 stoves would make a horrible grinding and popping noise. After the dealer came out several times to try several different solutions I ended up with 3 new stoves. I have also used 3 different brand pellets.

They just installed my new stove 3 days ago and it has now shut down on its own all 3 days. The dealer told me this is a nationwide problem and they are stoping production on these stoves until they figure it out. The problem with my current (3rd) stove is that the burn pot gets so filled up it pushes against the deflector instead of falling into the pan. Once it build up enough it shuts off. I was told by dealer when I purchased in October that this was a bulletproof stove. So far it's about as bulletproof as a piece of paper. I haven't been back to tell them about the problem with my current stove. I'm sure they are sick of seeing me as I am sick of going there.

bought my agp insert 4/14, have run it on timber heats, awf's, heatr's NEWPs, green supremes, TSC generics, and equine bedding, been through around 3 or 4 tons give or take this season (my first) running it with a programmable tstat and have it shut down at night, and during the day if no one is going to be home, using program 2. Had one random shut down several months ago, (I think not sure if it was the stove or if it was operator error) I do find I need to knock the ash down after 3 or 4 bags, I shut it down and empty it, vacuum the channels behind the little doors behind the ash pan, under the platform and take down the metal on top to vacuum the exchanger tubes. Only real issue I had was the door gasket fraying and shredding where the two ends meet, the dealer gave me a new rope and sealer and I repaired that myself, next time I will wrap the ends with heat proof metal tape to prevent that issue. other than differences in soot and ash as well as heat, long or short pellets don't seem to cause any issues (the timber heats had a lot of longet pellets) an acquaintance bought the same insert from a different dealer and has nothing but problems, his complaint though is insufficient heat at any setting. his dealer has been unable to rectify this after seveal service calls.

I suspect the shut down issues are motherboard related

just my .02 on this fwiw, my house has never been warmer

Status
Not open for further replies.