Lopi agp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I too recently purchased and had the Lopi AGP insert installed. After 2 months of burning pellets I wondered if there is something I could use to wipe and clean the baffles with.

which baffles are you referring to ?

When I read any of the posts regarding taking the stove apart and cleaning it, it many cases they are referring to the stand alones. I clean and vacuum what I can see from the inside of the stove. I don't trust myself in removing the insert out of the fireplace. I will leave that up to the expert. In September I will call the serviceman to come out and clean it through out.

My plan is to have Northstar come out at the end of the season to do a pull out and thorough service and teach me how to do it my self.. makes sense to me since I think that service will cost nearly the same as a ton of pellets, and let's face it .. I am in it as are most, to save money...

My plan is to have Northstar come out at the end of the season to do a pull out and thorough service and teach me how to do it my self.. makes sense to me since I think that service will cost nearly the same as a ton of pellets, and let's face it .. I am in it as are most, to save money...
That's what I will be doing. I can clean everything from the inside, but I don't know if I even want to pull it out. I too will watch carefully when they come out. Friends of mine brought their pellet insert from another authorized dealer, and their first maintenance call is free. "just wondering"

The silver plates on the top, back, and sides.
they come off \ out easily for cleaning them and behind them.. consult you manual for instructions I do clean them every 20 bags or so

they come off \ out easily for cleaning them and behind them.. consult you manual for instructions I do clean them every 20 bags or so
Yes I do take them off, but I was just wondering if there was something I could use to shine them up. The guy in Lowes showed me a product by Rutland that he said people use that was safe to use on the inside.

oh ok .. they are not going to stay shiny and all .. but have at it :) I find that running the stove on high seems to clean them up quite a bit so I don't really worry too much about a little discoloration. If I am home when the stove is scheduled to start I make sure the setting is on high for an hour so the soot that collects mainly on the piece below the exchanger gets all the start up soot burned off

oh ok .. they are not going to stay shiny and all .. but have at it :) I find that running the stove on high seems to clean them up quite a bit so I don't really worry too much about a little discoloration. If I am home when the stove is scheduled to start I make sure the setting is on high for an hour so the soot that collects mainly on the piece below the exchanger gets all the start up soot burned off
I guess it's the newness to heating with pellets. By next year I probably won't care that they are a little discolored. lol I just want to get used to heating with this alternative heating system. I have yet to turn the furnace on, and I love my O&R utility bills so far.

Hi,

Is there anything I might be able to help with?
Hi , I'm new to pellets but have taken part in burn wood for years . Installed an AGP in Nov. without remote Thermo stat and have been burning Energex Hardwood Supremes , I end up cleaning about every 5 days or so. Question is with the air control on left side , When pushed in the air is wide open , should it be ? and burns pellets fine but doesn't seem to throw as much heat as I thought it should .It's set on auto fan and about 1/2 way up on heat control Should I be treating this as a damper like on wood stoves ? Am Pleased with the stove but just not sure of the operation for the most heat . We're up near Can Border in NY so it does get cold ,

Status
Not open for further replies.