Lopi Answer - Cover Plat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lope

May 23, 2016
Australia
Hello: Just had my new Answer installed. The installer installed a Cover Plate around the air control.

There are two different size cover plates. One that covers the top half - this one is narrower.

There is a wider cover plate that covers the whole of the save around the air control. This is what is installed on my Lopi Answer.

If I reading the manual right, this plate should only be installed when only outside air is used. The plate prevents combustible air from entering from the front of the Lopi Answer.

I think I should remove this plate. ???? The Lopi still burns but with much difficulties and it smoked a lot.

Has anyone had problems with this cover plate?

Regards.

Is there no outside air on the insert? If no OAK, try running the stove with the cover plate removed for a few days and see if there is an improvement.

Hi. Today removed the cover plate and left as it came from factory. It is a freestanding woodfire heater. Much better without the cover plate, that prevented combustible air from entering. Still need to get the hang of it. Today managed better. Second burn with the Lopi Answer. Now burning with so much secondary burn. Used to have a Jotul F3TD. If I can learn to start the fire, and get good heat faster, then am 100% happy. Taking too long to bring temperature up and hence got some minor smoke initially, but I think it's due to being to cautious and not loading properly initially.

Second burn today. Happy now.

Good to hear that worked. The installer needs to do some homework and RTFM.

Status
Not open for further replies.