Lopi Answer in zc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghami

Hearth Supporter
Oct 23, 2006
Hello and thanks in advance for any advice you can give me. I currently have a zc fireplace. The manufacturer is Superior and it is model # HCE-4040A. I would like to install a Lodi Answer insert into this unit However I have been told something different by each dealer/installer I talk to. Such as: A) My entire double wall chimney needs to be replaced.
B) I need to add a stainless steel liner to the existing chimney.
C) I don't need to change anything, just have the insert installed.
D) There is no way to do this safely.
E) My wife is cute.
I read the owners manual for the Answer online. It said it is suitable for Superior units. It also had a diagram for zc installation showing only a stainless steel stub from the insert projecting into the existing chimney, not a liner the entire length of the dhimney. ( My chimney is about 20 feet long.)
I hope someone can give me a definitive answer. Thanks again.

E. without a picture I cannot determine if she is cute

to line or not to line? there are two standards the zc could be vented into One only requires the ZC to be vented into a 1700 degree factory chimney, If you have a class A chimney HT 2100 degree rating then you can use a direct connect into providing it's cross-sectional ares is less than 56"

If your have the 1700 degree standard it must be lined When it comes time for cleaning you will wish you had a liner as th clean a direct connect properly the stove has to be pulled out if you want it to run as effecient as possible a liner mirroring the flue collar diameter is the way to go

Welcome aboard

Wife is cute...post pictures

Dang...Don beat me to it....

Status
Not open for further replies.