1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Lopi Berkshire Green Smart Gas Stove vs. Quadra-fire Sapphire

Post in 'It's a Gas!' started by DIYconfusion, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DIYconfusion

DIYconfusion New Member

Loc:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Hello All,

I'm a newly minted member of this forum and I need your help. I have removed my old Martin Industries gas fireplace from the corner where it was originally installed in 1993, knocked out the framing and I'm now refinishing the walls and floor for a gas stove. I've narrowed down my search to the either the Lopi Berkshire Green Smart or the Quadra-fire Sapphire. I'd greatly appreciate hearing from anyone one way or the other these stoves.

BTW, I think it was JFK that gave an overwhelming endorsement of the Lopi complete with a video clip of the fired up stove in his home late last year.

Regards,
    DIYconfusion (aka John)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. summit

summit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine
    The Berkshire was the best out there before... with the green smart features, it got even better... you'll save yourself 100 +/- gallons (well, depending on your pilot usage, if you turn if off in the summer w/ a conventional unit.. but a 1000btu pilot going 24/7 adds up over 365) a year just with the IPI system alone...
  3. DIYconfusion

DIYconfusion New Member

Loc:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Thanks for endorsement of the Lopi Berkshire. Unfortunately I can't follow through with the gas stove even if I wanted to. I have a brick home and the vent cap that is mortared into the wall is set too low for the minimum distance from the stove top. Now I'm back to installing a gas fireplace. For that I have picked out the Napolean GD70. Hope I like it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.