Lopi Cape Cod insert vs. Large Wood Flush Hybrid

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandmansatx

Nov 22, 2015
Texas
Hello Hearth Forum Members. My name is Gus from Texas and I'm close to pulling the trigger on a insert.

I've narrowed my pics down to a couple of Lopis for my 2 story. 3700sft home. The insert will be placed in an existing zero clearance box and I'm working with 36 1/2 length x 24 depth x 21 3/8 height.

We like the Lopi Cape Cod insert and the Lopi Large Wood Flush Hybrid. I'm about to order the Cape Cod since we like the cast iron finish and it also fits our height limitation of 21 3/8. However, the contractor would be able to fit the Large Wood Flush Hybrid into our home by modifying the zero clearance box. My question to the forum is are the secondaries burns going to be the same between the two models? Is the Hybrid more tech advanced that it will burn wood better? Any experiences with either model would be helpful. Thanks!

Bad idea installing it into a zero clearance fireplace. The fireplace was not build to accommodate a 500 pound wood appliance. Secondly the chimney pipe for the fireplace in not listed and tested to run a wood stove. My best advice is to contact a certified chimney sweep or NFI certified installer before any "alterations" are made to the fireplace.

Thanks Krisrob. I'm using a company that installs wood stoves full time. The company plans to use a Duravent 35 ZC liner kit. As for installing a insert into a existing zero clearance fireplace I thought this was the norm. Thanks for the reply.....researching safety issues now.

Thanks Krisrob. I'm using a company that installs wood stoves full time. The company plans to use a Duravent 35 ZC liner kit. As for installing a insert into a existing zero clearance fireplace I thought this was the norm. Thanks for the reply.....researching safety issues now.

Were you able to find safety issues regarding your post?

After reading the install manual of my fireplace insert I found out installing it in my existing zero clearance fireplace was fine. See my pics below.

image_zpsnem0j53z.jpe
image_zpsm4m2xutu.jpe

iframe>

iframe>

Last edited:
So, is this your install? How do you like it?
I have large flush hybrid as well.

So, is this your install? How do you like it?
I have large flush hybrid as well.
I have the Cape Cod, not the Wood Flush Hybrid. It was installed by the stove company. So far I like it. I would love to have more heat output but it's a compromise for a flush insert and a small zero clearance opening. The unit does not burn for 10 hours straight. I have very dry post oak and the longest burn I get is maybe 5 hours. I need to research how to care for my cast iron facing. I absolutely love the quick start option and the high temp direct wiring kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.