LOPI CAPE COD wood stove: Owner reviews!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad I don't have the box, I'll just watch the baffle closely for warping. Thanks for the advice on envi bricks!!! I appreciate it.

Great point about inspecting the firebricks, I'lol be sure to do that after the seasons over. Thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Great point about inspecting the firebricks, I'lol be sure to do that after the seasons over. Thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate it.
Inspect behind the firebricks. My stove cracked near the bottom on the back.

They just blamed me. So I got a refund rather than another one.
Was it you?
Just teasing you. Freestanding cape cod is a beauty, too bad it didn't hold too good. I hope my insert will not crack. It has been good too me so far other than being inpractical as far as loading it, but that's the price I have to pay for having a flush insert I guess.

Was it you?
Just teasing you. Freestanding cape cod is a beauty, too bad it didn't hold too good. I hope my insert will not crack. It has been good too me so far other than being inpractical as far as loading it, but that's the price I have to pay for having a flush insert I guess.
The insert uses a heavier duty baffle than the stove. It has a heavy plate steel panel that lays on top of the SS baffle. I don't know why they didn't use the same one on the stove?
And no, it was not my fault.

It is weird since a freestanding stove has a bigger fire box. They should build it stronger than a smaller stove. Since you know so much about the stoves I have to ask a question. Is it ok to paint the cast iron surround? And if it is should I use the the paint supplied with the stove? Or it's just for the stove itself? The reason I want to paint it is that when I was cleaning glass I sprayed over the cast and now I have some ugly stains that I cannot get rid off.

It is weird since a freestanding stove has a bigger fire box. They should build it stronger than a smaller stove. Since you know so much about the stoves I have to ask a question. Is it ok to paint the cast iron surround? And if it is should I use the the paint supplied with the stove? Or it's just for the stove itself? The reason I want to paint it is that when I was cleaning glass I sprayed over the cast and now I have some ugly stains that I cannot get rid off.
That's just fine. Both are painted with metallic Black Stove Bright from the factory. The touch up can has more metal flake than the factory paint, so you need to paint a bigger area than you might think to blend it. Make sure to spray the can into the air before you start, to clear the catalyst out of the nozzle.
The stove is New Iron, Im pretty sure the insert is Metallic Black like all the others.

With all due respect how do you know all that?

I install Lopi as well as most other major Brands every single day.:cool:
And burn as many as possible in my home along the way.

You are very knowledgable guy. People who hire you to do their installs are lucky.

Reactions: webby3650
We're lucky to have him here too. Webby3650 is Mr. Lopi.

Thanks. I'm fortunate to work for a family operated Hearth store with over 40 years under their belt!
I would still have a Lopi and be singing their praises if they had handled my situation better. If I can't get factory support, who can? the factory rep actually laughed when I mentioned hearth.com, said it was a bunch of people who get together to whine and complain...

Don't let the boss hear them saying that. Kurt was pretty complimentary when I met him. Though it is true that most people come here with a problem to solve. Most are not whiners and we'd get a lot less folks with problems if more dealers dealt with these issues at the front line.

That doesn't sound too good. I bet you that average "fire minister" here knows more about wood stoves and wood burning that their sales reps.

That can often be true about sales people be it stoves, cars or computers. For many it doesn't matter what they are selling. Brother Bart and Jags know a lot more about servers than your most competent computer salesperson.

Status
Not open for further replies.