Lopi Coal stove on ebay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BikeMedic said:
It is a ruined stove. Thats what!

"There is a sucker born everyday."
-P.T. Barnum

Ruined...Looks brand new to me...I'm not considering it... I'm not in the market for a coal stove, and Lopi doesn't sell coal stoves as far as I know, so this one is raising a serious red flag!!!

I posted before I looked at the link. I am unaware that Travis industries?LOPI market a wood/coal stove. But if someone were to burn coal in a wood stove without the grates. You know what I am saying.

Looks like they did at one time. That thing definately looks set up to burn coal and the style of the stove is definately Lopi.

I sent a heads up to ebay on that one. Definitely not on the up and up with that one.

Up for bid is a Lopi wood and coal fireplace insert

Perfect for your home, camp, or garage.

since when is it legal to have fireplaces in a garage?

sells new for about $1300.00

When in 1987?
It's a powerful heater for its size, yet backwall clearance is just 9" to a combustible surface.

ITS an insert when is an insert in a masonry fireplace listed for 9" clearance?

It conserves space by mounting flush into your existing masonry or zero clearance fireplace.

How can anyone make this claim unless it is listed for ZC fire places

Also available as a freestanding stove with pedestal mount or leg mount as well.

Max Log Size: 18"

I thought this was a coal stove?

What's with the lopi harman connection

I don't care about any of that stuff. I want the thing. It would look like I parked a Hummer H1 in my fireplace.

Love it!

BrotherBart said:
I don't care about any of that stuff. I want the thing. It would look like I parked a Hummer H1 in my fireplace.

Love it!

Don't care, my only laugh today. Thanks for the lift.

Brand new and built to take coal, my guess is that with care, it might outlast me.

- Edit: as long as it's a Lopi and not a China knockoff

Status
Not open for further replies.