Lopi Endeavor 380-NT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

num1hitter

Feb 9, 2012
Reading, PA
I am looking at this stove on CL and the owner knows nothing about it. I am trying to figure out if this is a smoke dragon or EPA certified. Any insights would be great. Thanks a lot.

I think the 380 is an early EPA phase II stove if it is the 380-96. Got a picture? One thing to check is the burn tubes. If I recall these are steel in the early models and the failed over time. They're now replaced with stainless steel tubes. If no secondary burn tubes and 2 doors it is pre-EPA. This stove evolved into the Endeavor.

Last edited:
I have been trying to do some research and found that it was phase 2. Do you think it is work purchasing for $250. I am on a budget since I just moved into a new house and would love to get a wood stove up and running. Have some seasoned wood that I am dying to burn.

If it is the later version of the 380 then it will be EPA. It should have burn tubes and a single door. $250 is a good price if it hasn't been abused and you don't have to sink a lot of money into it. Check the burn tubes carefully for splitting.

The owner said there are burn tubes and a single door. I will check it out. Thanks for the info!

Good luck, the Endeavor is a good stove. If the burn tubes need replacement I think a set is like $90, but don't quote me. It's been a while.

I burned an Endeavor the my first two wood burning seasons, it was a well built stove. If it has tubes and the single door I'd pay 250 all day long unless it's trashed. The door gasket seals flat to the face of the stove, take a straight edge with you and check the face of the stove and top to make sure they're aren't warped. The baffle in mine was a brick baffle with angle iron type supports, it held up great for the two years I had it.

Thanks for the input rdust. I will make sure everything is all square and not warped. My goal is to eventually end up where you are with a Blaze King. I am saving my pennies to afford the ashford someday

That is a good price if the stove is in good condition. I wouldn't wait too long to go check it out. If it needs a new tube or two offer $200.

I have made arrangements to take a look at it and pick it up. Its mine if I want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.