Lopi Endeavor cleaning, questions & pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2008
Schoharie County, N Y
I cleaned the chimney today which have about a quart of dry flakes( thank you dry wood!). Then I cleaned the stove pip and stove. This first pic is of missing pins in the tube which I will replace.

91BCCDD7-F9D2-4179-868D-93C17921301A-12512-000017EAC887AD67.jpg

This pic is the metal plates that hold up the bricks on the top of the tubes. They are bent quite a bit, is this normal or did I over fire the stove? The tubes aren't bent which I have seen as a major complaint from some folks online.

F021D407-A31B-43C6-A520-7677C108C27A-12512-000017EAC65254EF.jpg

I hope this inspires some people to take a good look at their stoves.

Might have gotten too hot, or maybe the secondary air pointing in the wrong direction put too much heat in that area?

Can you add your stove make/model to your signature line? That really helps in future postings. There are lots of Endeavor owners out there. Thanks.

I'm with begreen, the secondary air pointing in the wrong direction for a long period of time could tear up the insides. I burned my Endeavor for 2 seasons and when I sold it the baffle supports were like brand new(and they're beefy) so that thing has seen some heat! I experienced the pin falling out issue(bad design imo) but didn't burn it with them point the wrong way so not sure what the long term damage could have been.

It does look like it got real hot. My baffle supports show no such wear. I do commonly check to make sure my pins are secure. They are still very tight.

Baffle supports should be covered under Lopi warranty for 3-5 years parts/labor and 6-7 years for parts.

It does look like it got real hot. My baffle supports show no such wear. I do commonly check to make sure my pins are secure. They are still very tight.

Baffle supports should be covered under Lopi warranty for 3-5 years parts/labor and 6-7 years for parts.

I would guess they will void that by claiming overfire which isn't out of the realm of possibilities here.

How long has that stove been in service? My Lopi Liberty is going into its 6th season now, the baffle is built similarly, and my support rails still look real good. Rick

The stove was installed in May, 2008. I did have some really hot fires when I first used it. The supports are quite rusty with quite a bit of the metal missing.

Mine have the normal shape with maybe a little surface rust. I have only burned 2 seasons. I have regularly hit 700 degrees with my stove but rarely greater than 750. I guess you will have to order that from the dealer (though it could be fabricated i guess). You'll have to post if you have any issues with that.

Is it just me or is the air holes in the second air tube poining up? Might have been the cause of the middle support warping. Third season with my liberty and the middle and front baffle supports in mine tend to get pretty red at times but aside from alittle rust they look brand new.

I cleaned the chimney today which have about a quart of dry flakes( thank you dry wood!). Then I cleaned the stove pip and stove. This first pic is of missing pins in the tube which I will replace.

91BCCDD7-F9D2-4179-868D-93C17921301A-12512-000017EAC887AD67.jpg

This pic is the metal plates that hold up the bricks on the top of the tubes. They are bent quite a bit, is this normal or did I over fire the stove? The tubes aren't bent which I have seen as a major complaint from some folks online.

I had one that was never in far enough so after I saw your post I stopped and bought a new pin, our local Lopi Dealer gave me this tool so it would make the job easier.

It was not working real well so I took the not so tapered pin to the bench vise, I did a small amount of grinding on one end of the pin then really tighten down the vise so one end is tapered, went in like nothing.

I used the tool so I could hammer it in further. Our Lopi dealer told me when they order new tubes for a customer Lopi sends the tool with the tubes.

zap

Attachments

• 100_6003.JPG
    100_6003.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 450
  • 100_6004.JPG
    100_6004.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 452
Thanks Zap, I ordered the parts yesterday. I don't know if they are going to warrantee the parts, they were going to look into it. I have a small brass hammer I thought I could use to drive in the pins. I wonder if it would help to put the pins in the freezer first.

Thanks Zap, I ordered the parts yesterday. I don't know if they are going to warrantee the parts, they were going to look into it. I have a small brass hammer I thought I could use to drive in the pins. I wonder if it would help to put the pins in the freezer first.
If you have use of a vise just put the bottom half of the pin in then turn until the split in the pin on that end is closed, tapers it real nice.(The split on the top end of the pin should stay open) They should have the tool which they could loan you, makes it a hell of a lot easier.
zap

Thanks Zap, I will ask for the tool. If they don't have one I'll make one! They said they would have the parts in a week ( I'm not so optimistic). It was 38 here this morning, it won't be long now.

If you ordered the kit Lopi sends the tool from what my guy said, take my post in to show him or email Travis Industries. We dropped to 36 this morning, depending on next weeks weather we might push some wood in this weekend.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.