Lopi endeavor pipe connection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeb

Oct 9, 2007
Trying to install my Lopi endeavor with the Metalbestos stove pipe. How do you make the connection for double wall pipe to the stove's collar? The instructions call for 6" pipe, I have the Metalbestos 6" double wall pipe and it doesn't fit inside or outside of the stove's collar. Do I still need another part or do I have to use single wall pipe or ???

I am assuming that you are using the double wall stove pipe, not the insulated chimey pipe. With that in mind, I had the same problem with my dutchwest. I wound up trimming the outer layer of the double wall pipe about an inch (you will have to measure how far down the inner pipe slides into the flange). Once I did that , the inner pipe slid down the flange and was screwed in place, the outer of the double wall pipe fits flush ot the top of the flange.

They make stove top adapters. The inner wall of the doublewall extends about an inch below the outer wall, enabling an easy connection and preventing the airflow between the inner and outer wall from being impeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.