1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Lopi for the shop

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by george2c, Feb 10, 2013.

1. george2c

george2c Member

Loc:
    SWPA
    Well I think I have decided on the the lopi republic 1750 for my shop. I chose this stove because I would have to drive over an hour to get an Englander 30. I got the dealer down a good bit on the lopi and till I figured gas and time it just made sense.

My question is this, I plan to install it in my shop on A concrete floor. is it ok to just set it directly on the floor or should I try to set it up on something. I was kinda thinking it may not be a bad idead to get it up on something maybe a foot or so off the ground.

gimme some ideas !!!! Thanks..

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Thaddius Wenderoth

Thaddius Wenderoth Feeling the Heat

Uh oh!
  3. webby3650

webby3650 Master of Fire

Loc:
    southern Indiana
    It would make it easier to load, but there is no real reason to make a hearth if it's on concrete.
  4. george2c

george2c Member

Loc:
    SWPA
    thanks but what does the uh-oh mean
  5. Thaddius Wenderoth

Thaddius Wenderoth Feeling the Heat

LOL. Thought we were going to hear some griping... combustables in shop...etc.... I am going to put one in my shop this summer. Looking at a 25-PDV.
  6. george2c

george2c Member

Loc:
    SWPA
    No, actually this is my man cave kinda. With 3 kids all doing several sports and work, there are times threw the week or on the weekend when I need to ESCAPE !!! I have a real nice ouellet 10,000 watt electric heater in there but I really enjoy kicking back watching the fire and drinking some beer.. Couple of times threw the winter I like to smoke some ribs and drink beer. When I built the building I thought I woudnt miss the wood stove but found out I really did.. Any combustables that I do have are on the other end of the shop. I will be sure to post some pictures when Its done. It may be a month or so..
    Thaddius Wenderoth likes this.