Lopi Freedom Bay Insert installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lammi66

Feb 24, 2008
SW MI
Guys and Gals, long time thread stalker/reader. This forum has provided many hours of entertainment and real world knowledge and for that I would like to thank all of you!!

Recently bought a 3 year old Lopi Freedom Bay insert off of craigslist in Northern Michigan for $1600. and just had it installed for $800.00 which included a SS liner, a cap, and inspecting and sweeping the chimney. Usually you can have good or cheap, but rarely do they come together! Thanks to Mark and his son at Parchment Chimney services.....a job well done!!

I do need a new piece of surround for the top, should that be purchased from Lopi or a local fab shop??

Attachments

• hearth 2.zip
    404.1 KB · Views: 251
  • hearth 3.zip
    869.6 KB · Views: 223
  • hearth 4.zip
    920.6 KB · Views: 205
  • New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip
    22 bytes · Views: 132
None of the pics came through, but I'm guessing that it has 8" panels and you need 10" panels. It would be best if you go to your local hearth store that deals Lopi.

Guys and Gals, long time thread stalker/reader. This forum has provided many hours of entertainment and real world knowledge and for that I would like to thank all of you!!

Recently bought a 3 year old Lopi Freedom Bay insert off of craigslist in Northern Michigan for $1600. and just had it installed for $800.00 which included a SS liner, a cap, and inspecting and sweeping the chimney. Usually you can have good or cheap, but rarely do they come together! Thanks to Mark and his son at Parchment Chimney services.....a job well done!!

I do need a new piece of surround for the top, should that be purchased from Lopi or a local fab shop??
Try sending pics again

Sorry about pics, here you go!!

Attachments

• insert 002.JPG
    insert 002.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 373
  • insert 003.JPG
    insert 003.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 387
  • insert 004.JPG
    insert 004.JPG
    150.4 KB · Views: 1,348
  • insert 005.JPG
    insert 005.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 959
Ya, you need to get a set of 10" or maybe even 12" panels. Find a local dealer and see if they would take the 8" panels on trade. They look new, if so they might do that. While your there get a can of Metallic Black Stove Bright, give that stove a spruce up!

Another thing to keep in mind, that tv will have a significantly shorter life due to the heat from the stove. A shelf mantel will help a lot.

Reactions: Hickorynut
Status
Not open for further replies.