Lopi Freedom Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec 20, 2011
Rhode island
Looking to up grade to Lopi Freedom insert. Present stove is an old large Warner sitting on/in front of hearth in the basement connected to fully lined flue. It should, but doesnt heat the basement that well. i have been told by (2) stove retailers that an insert would be the way to go instead of a free standing stove. Can any one give me feed back, likes/dislike and also what kind of performance i could expect from the Lopi freedom.
Tanks

I am now at this but a insert should not put off more heat than a stove. It sounds like they are trying to sell you what they want to sell you. If you have a large stove that will not heat your basement, it is not logical to me that a medium size insert would improve this. Hiow many SF are you trying to heat.

Other will chime in but it sounds like you need a large stove with a rear exit flue option.

Status
Not open for further replies.