Lopi Freedom Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fitter9

Oct 10, 2013
central jersey
I have a lopi freedom insert being installed in around 2 weeks. I see on the paperwork it has a tapered firebox.
It says it will accept a 24" log. Can anyone tell me how wide the firebox is at the rear? How about front to back?
All the dimensions they have in the owners book seem just to show the outside dimensions.Also, can anyone tell me what the ideal log length is?

If I remember right, it's about 22" tapering to about 16" in the back. Front to back it's about 18" I think. I found 16" wood loaded N/S worked best.

Thanks. The store i bought it from had quite a few stoves and inserts on display.They didnt have the Freedom though. I bought it without seeing it.
It seemed to be the largest firebox i could fit in my fireplace (3 c.f.) and from the research ive done Lopi seems to be high quality.
I already started cutting wood for 15/16 at 18".. I think i should wait untill the stove is installed before i cut anymore.

If you go to the. Lopi site, they have a manual you can view, there is a diagram in it that has all the dimensions. (It's what we used to determine ranges of cuts when we stocked out wood for the year.)

Status
Not open for further replies.