Lopi Leyden Electrical Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey

Dec 16, 2008
S.NH
Relatively new pellet stove with only about 20 bags of burn time. Was burning near high for most of the day when my son decided to literally jump into the room. When he landed the stove shut down, all electrical power was lost. I checked the main power fuse (20 amp) and it was okay. The .5 amp fuse on the circuit board was blown so I replaced it. This is a fast blow fuse. When I turn the unit on to manual mode I have 1 light on, when I hit start the circuit board fuse blows. Prior to that stove was working great and even with a feeder gate no problems. Exhaust fan spins free and blower fan. I think the board may be defective. Clean the glass daily with wet paper towels and the glass cleans up nicely. New England wood pellets and just enough draft.
Anyone have a contact name at Travis?

Did you have it installed by a dealer? If so, call them first to come for a service call...the stove has a warranty. (I wouldn't tell them the part about your son and the jumping if I were you).

And if you DO get it fixed, do yourself a favor....remove the fuel gate...it will clog w/ pellets eventually. Travis told all dealers to remove it from all stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.