Lopi Leyden ignitor quit ! HELP

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
Guess i cleaned it a little too good today. Pellets piled up 4x in a row without lighting up. These things got fuses or what ? I started the pile with lighter fluid . That would be a royal pain in the arse if i have to do that every time . Muss

Mine has been replaced 2 times since bought new in Oct. 2008. Last time I unplugged the unit for 10 seconds and it worked for about a week. I don't belive there is a seperate fuse for that. The dealer ended up taking the stove out for repair (gave me a loaner), found out 1 of the vacuum tubes was plugged, giving it a false reading, which wouldn't allow it to ignite.

It's possible the ignitor is bad, but the Avalon ignitor in my astoria was pretty reliable....I never replaced it, and it was the original in the stove from '05.

Double check the fuse on the control board just for the heck of it.

Muss, I sent you a PM.

I usually don't run into ignitor problems with LOPI... however, 99% of iginitor problems I do see in LOPIs are caused by big clinker/carbon buildup in the pot, or ash buildup under the pot.... best to run it in manual mod when running all the time anyway..

Better go buy a few bottles of Gel, my Whitfield doesnt have a igniter and dont care if it did, light it once a week with gel and forget about it, think about all that electricity your wasting getting a 1" rod red hot.....like over 1000 watt's!!

Status
Not open for further replies.