lopi leyden issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisf

Jun 25, 2009
upstate NY 12025
My stove has been acting funny sometimes the blow kicks off and on and seems to not happen all the time. I think it is the snap disk going bad because i hear a click the motor is not straining.They dont give you a wiring diagram to tell which one is for the blower. I am not sure which one to check or to order for my stove. If any one has the wiring diagram can you post it please.
Thank You Chris

I have a Leyden, could you give just a tad more info ? Like how long between the blower going off & on ? Muss

bkfc255 said:
My stove has been acting funny sometimes the blow kicks off and on and seems to not happen all the time. I think it is the snap disk going bad because i hear a click the motor is not straining.They dont give you a wiring diagram to tell which one is for the blower. I am not sure which one to check or to order for my stove. If any one has the wiring diagram can you post it please.
Thank You Chris

Check your PM I sent you a PDF.

Well the stove went out last night while I was at work. checked for what lights were blinking, fault light and #2 light. so I check the vac switch it was okay but the brass barb fitting that is screwed into the combustion blower box packed soild with ash. I cleaned it in the spring and had plugged up on a less than a tom of dry creek wood pellets stove seems to be okay now. I thouhgt it was a snap disk because the room are blower was coming on and off then would stay on. But I just figured if a snap disk went bad it would just not work at all. So just some info you guys. Thanks for the help.

Great it's working thanks for the info on keeping the vacuum tube and brass fitting clean.

richkorn said:
Great it's working thanks for the info on keeping the vacuum tube and brass fitting clean.

My Lopi manual had two addendums that remind the owner to keep the burn pot clean and that brass vacuum fitting cleaned out.

To get at mine you have to remove the rear panel (kind of a PIA), but I did take a pipe cleaner to it after my first ton and left the rear panel attached with just two easy to get to screws.

Status
Not open for further replies.