Lopi Leyden over heating

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Loco

Jan 3, 2013
I have cleaned it. I have ripped out the exhaust - stove pipe and cleaned it, ripped it out too (I also put it through an insulated stainless steel chimney pipe). I have taken out the exhaust fan and cleaned it. I've blown out the back, sides and fronts of the fans with a compressor. The inside, buttons out and cleaned every where. I checked the tightness on the doors, all good. My new best friend are the various damn brushes! My compressor. My vacuum, an ever loving trouper.

I'v beat the pellet pot back into shape after heating it with my glass blowing torch. I've had the pellet pot welded back into it's original shape by my kiln maker friend. Yet........

I start it up today AND......... The damn thing is over heating. I took the side panel off the exhaust fan and it appears to be blowing fine.

The ONLY thing not to spec is the gasket material. The stuff I put in is OVER rated for temp. at 1600 degrees. I figured IF I can get the sucker to run properly I'll get the proper gasket material. As it it the material I'm currently using is over rated heat wise.

My friends have warned me that shooting a gun at it will cause a ricochet and possibly hurt someone... I only need this thing to work for a couple of hours in the morning to heat up my handicapped daughters room.

My local dealer... Well they installed it prior to my purchasing the house... They cut through a support beam for the exhaust. They cut through a piece of romax wiring and nicked in another place. They shoved another piece of romax tightly on top of the exhaust to the point it melted through. In other words it's my LAST resort to call them. I've dealt with them for parts and lets just say.... well, beyond...

You mention the exhaust blower - how about the room air blower? Is it running? Up to speed? Fan blades clean? That's the first place to look when overheating.