Lopi Leyden quits :(

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
My Leyden just won't "perform ". Auger just doesn't want to feed , even after a massive clean out. I have no idea other than electrical problem in lid switch being loose . Any suggestions ? Really don't want to call my dealer as i found them to be , well, i have my reasons & would rather not have to deal with them till i exhaust all possibilities . Thanking you all in advance . Muss

Did you try cleaning the vacuum tube to the vacuum switch. Or pressure switch. Not sure what Lopi calls it.

Remove the hose from the switch in the back and blow air towards the firebox to clean it.

Worth a try??
Jay

muss,

I've heard of the someone with a stopped auger problem. Turned out to be a bad interlock switch under the lid.

My thinking is that with the new cast iron inside panels, it gets much hotter inside the hopper now and the interlock switch can possible get too hot and fail.

If the vacuum tube is not plugged up, i'd look at that switch and bypass it to see if it's ok.

Are you getting a fault code? If so check this pdf, www.travisdealer.com/TechnicalNotices/17601431.pdf It has a schematic of the interlocks, and a fault code table at the end. I also read about a stove, don't remember brand, that the auger to motor set screw loosened and was just slipping. I read another post of the lid switch itself failing/shorted/melted, try bypassing it. I think Rich is talking about a snap disc thermo thing, I just mean the switch.
Mike -

Status
Not open for further replies.