Lopi Leyden Rheostat control question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zrtmatos

Feeling the Heat
Nov 26, 2012
Connecticut
I have a Lopi Leyden from 2008. The fan control doesn't appear to be working. It runs on what I think is high. I cannot sense any difference when I press the fan control's up or down arrow although I do see a change in the lights on the temperature for a few seconds. Is the difference in high or low that slight?

I thought the fan might be bad ;? or stuck on one speed but when I inquired on that, the vendor I asked mentioned that the rheostat control on the control board might be bad. Does anyone have any suggestions on diagnosing this issue?

If you have a meter, you could measure the voltage going to the blower motor. Change the rheostat and see if the voltage changes accordingly.

I have a Lopi Leyden from 2008. The fan control doesn't appear to be working. It runs on what I think is high. I cannot sense any difference when I press the fan control's up or down arrow although I do see a change in the lights on the temperature for a few seconds. Is the difference in high or low that slight?

I thought the fan might be bad ;? or stuck on one speed but when I inquired on that, the vendor I asked mentioned that the rheostat control on the control board might be bad. Does anyone have any suggestions on diagnosing this issue?
I also have an '08 Leyden, I think that the difference between high and low fan speeds are neglible in both sounds and velocity. I maybe wrong but that is the way that I think it is. I have never had any luck turning down the blower to reduce the noise of the fans. I will be interested to see if others have different experiences.

If you have the digital control board that has up & down push buttons and lights to change the fan speed, then there is no rheostat. In that case, if there's NO change in speed, you might suspect the motor.

Have you removed it and connected it to 120v with a test power cord (with all connections properly insulated!!) to see if it runs full blast that way? Last time the motor bearings were oiled was???

I also have an '08 Leyden, I think that the difference between high and low fan speeds are neglible in both sounds and velocity. I maybe wrong but that is the way that I think it is. I have never had any luck turning down the blower to reduce the noise of the fans. I will be interested to see if others have different experiences.
Looking forward to hearing what others say also. Thanks. Mine is used. Has yours always been that way, I am assuming you purchased yours new? Is yours enameled?

Looking forward to hearing what others say also. Thanks. Mine is used. Has yours always been that way, I am assuming you purchased yours new? Is yours enameled?
Mine has always had neglible difference between high and low blower. mine is not enameled, just plain old cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.