Lopi Leyden Update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Minister of Fire
Nov 21, 2005
Casper Wyoming
Colors Available:
New Iron Painted Finish 1949.00
Fire Red Enamel 2368.00
Oxford Brown Enamel 2298.00

73,000BTU
12 Hour Burn Time (they backed down a little)

They are currently in production and should be shipping soon.

Humm .....

Nice, now who's going to go out and buy one, burn it, and give us a review?

It's not officially released yet, so it won't be on the website. I have one ordered and will heat my shop with it this winter. It will be hooked up to a 6" Duratech chimney 25' tall. I will load it to the gills the first chance I get and see how it burns. Also my father in law is thinking about swapping out his heritage so there may be two guinnea pigs.

That is a VERY nice looking stove. I like that sort of brownish rusty color.

Sounds like it competes with the firelight from Jotul, and the Isle royal from quad. Thats a great looking top loader, is it a non cat?
I didnt notice the first post had pricing, sorry for making you type it twice.

Yes it's non cat. Burn technology very similar to the Everburn. I'm hoping we'll see more expansion in cast iron wood in the future. Lopi's last cast wood stove was a really good stove. It had the Lopi steel firebox with a Cast body like the Berkshire. It just had a higher price point than other cast stoves in it's class so sales were not as good. It would be nice to see the Bedford face incorporated into the Flush mount wood insert too :) That's probably just wishful thinking.

Hey Shane, Cool stove!!! I read your posts from a couple a months ago and am really interested in this model. I asked my local dealer in Lynnwood, WA and the sales person I spoke to was not only clueless about this model but tried to tell me that that model won't be released for at least a couple years. I told him about the site and that I read about it here, but he seemed pretty apathetic about the whole thing.
I'm glad to see the pictures of the new model. Now I KNOW it actually exists. I want to fit this stove in front of a ZC fireplace, with a low height clearance. Since you have seen the stove first hand, do you know if this model can be rear vented? If so, do you know how high the top of the pipe is for height clearance? What ever the case, the local dealers here still won't even talk about it. It would be really nice to see some spec numbers on the floor protection specs as well, since height of floor protection is an issue. I wanted to fit the vermont castings everburn unit in my application but found it wouldn't fit the height clearance. Too bad. I'm really hoping to be able to fit this one in.

I spoke with the manager of Rich's in Tukwilla about the stove yesterday. He said they are working on a volume purchase with Lopi and should have more info on price and when they'll have them in the store shortly.

Spoke to Travis Ind. the other day, they emailed me the owners/install manual for this stove. In the pdf towrds the bottom, it clearly states not rated for use in front of a z/c metal fireplace. Bummer... Well, I'm just going to have to settle for the good ol' hearthstone heritage and it's heat absorbing soapstone panels. Goes in less than two months HeHe!!

Status
Not open for further replies.