Lopi Leyden wood stove main damper problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wells man

Feb 11, 2014
Wells,ny
My second season with Leyden and the main damper mechanism doesn't operate smoothly.
The dealer had "fixed it" last season but is coming in again to replace it.
Interesting that the dealer asked me if I had heard back on my email to Travis Industries.I hadn't copied the dealer on the note.
Anyone have a similar problem with the damper mechanism?

My second season with Leyden and the main damper mechanism doesn't operate smoothly.
The dealer had "fixed it" last season but is coming in again to replace it.
Interesting that the dealer asked me if I had heard back on my email to Travis Industries.I hadn't copied the dealer on the note.
Anyone have a similar problem with the damper mechanism?
The Leyden has had about 7 different revisions. One of them was a ratcheting damper mechanism. Does yours have the ratchet type handle for the bypass? They have now changed the flue collar, combustion package and door hinges. Those are the latest revisions. They have also since discontinued the Leyden.

The Leyden has had about 7 different revisions. One of them was a ratcheting damper mechanism. Does yours have the ratchet type handle for the bypass? They have now changed the flue collar, combustion package and door hinges. Those are the latest revisions. They have also since discontinued the Leyden.

Yes it does have the ratchet mechanism. The dealer is coming tomorrow to check it because Travis Industries has a number of fixes all determined by which part might need replacement.
I'm not pleased to hear that my two year old stove is no longer made. Hopefully Travis will stand behind this not inexpensive product.
I've owned and used wood stoves for 35 years, Upland, Scandia and this Leyden is great except for the damper

Thanks

Hello Wells man, I agree that the Leyden is a great stove. I have not had any issues at all with this stove. It took me about a month back in 2008 to figure it out. Love the clean burns and the top loading. The hardest thing about burning wood is not tripping on the animals. Good luck with your dealer.

Hello Wells man, I agree that the Leyden is a great stove. I have not had any issues at all with this stove. It took me about a month back in 2008 to figure it out. Love the clean burns and the top loading. The hardest thing about burning wood is not tripping on the animals. Good luck with your
dealer.
Thanks. The dealer left a note regarding the damper repair( I'wasn't present when they came).
It said damper was over cranked, released latch and pulled damper back?
I'm not sure that's the issue.
It works ok now but still doesn't seem to open/close smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.