Lopi Leyden

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
Finally saw a picture of the new Lopi Leyden at local hearth shop. Looks like a VC encore or Defiant, but a little more square looking. Hold 55 lbs of wood and claims 15-18 burn time. Nice looking stove. No one seems to know exactly when it will officially make it's debut.

Shane,
Did you get permission to post the picture yet? Any word on price?

Todd said:
Finally saw a picture of the new Lopi Leyden at local hearth shop. Looks like a VC encore or Defiant, but a little more square looking. Hold 55 lbs of wood and claims 15-18 burn time. Nice looking stove. No one seems to know exactly when it will officially make it's debut.

Shane,
Did you get permission to post the picture yet? Any word on price?
"15-18 hours burn time" Wow , cant wait to see the true numbers on that one . What is its max/high BTU rated at ?

Yeah I posted it a while back. Anyone who wants to see it should send me an email and I'll send it to you. I ordered mine and was told I should see it in mid to late August. It will be released in the New Iron finish first with the enamels to follow. The Leyden pellet stove will be released this year as well, so I hear. Of course Travis is always leary of giving exact release dates as they tend to miss them.

15-18 hour burn times are Coal stove territory. Are they going to have a model with a log hopper and screw auger? Drop 24" splits in the hopper, auger drops a split in once an hour...Now that would be a cool option!!

I'm not sure where that 15-18 burn time comes from. I would bet it is a misprint. That firebox is no bigger than the Encore NC or the Dutchwest NC Medium. 8-10 hours, depending on wood species.

I have found Travis to be somewhat liberal with their published numbers. It is confusing. Many times they are not real-world, but labratory results. In my opinion it is not right for the marketing department to use unrealistic numbers. But they are competing with other companies who do the same thing. Your real numbers are going to come from honest dealerships who burn the stoves with real cordwood in the real world.

As a side note, I have noticed over the years that VC has used much more realistic numbers for BTUs and burn times in their literature. Perhaps it comes from the old Vermont wood burners who had real world experience, burning these stoves in their own homes. CFM seems to have continued this relatively conservative approach to publishing these numbers. Just an observation.

Sean

Warren said:
15-18 hour burn times are Coal stove territory. Are they going to have a model with a log hopper and screw auger? Drop 24" splits in the hopper, auger drops a split in once an hour...Now that would be a cool option!!

I love it... great idea!

Well you see, Mr. Building Inspector Man... the Seed Dropper drops a seed in the topsoil once every 3 months. Then the Fertilizer Spritzer lays down a nice bed of Miracle Grow. Then the Water Sprayer System irrigates the seed, which germinates in 2-3 weeks, and takes 15 years to mature. The tree is then cut and shaped by the TPU (Tree Processing Unit) into something known as a F.U.E.L. (Flammable Uniform Extruded Log). This FUEL is then fed into a hopper, which inserts one FUEL unit into the Lopi Leyden's Burn Chamber every 15 hours...

So can I have my Permit now Mr. Building Inspector Man... pleeeeazzzeeee???? :cheese:

-- Mike

Warren said:
I thought i seen somewhere that that was a wood furnace that had a load hopper above the fire box that dropped logs into the box per timing or per heat usage . Hummmm

Roospike said:
Warren said:
I thought i seen somewhere that that was a wood furnace that had a load hopper above the fire box that dropped logs into the box per timing or per heat usage . Hummmm

Crap!!!! so your sayin the patent opprotunities is dead....GRRRRRRR...o.k. well I do like the log processing unit idea....

seed every three months??? I'd say one every week.. spaced 6" apart just to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.