Lopi Leydon Vs. Quadrafire Mt Vernon?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waysidefarm

Apr 4, 2008
Pocono Mts PA
Hi All!
We're about to replace our beloved Vermont Castings woodstove with a Pellet Stove. Based on my own research and the assistance of a local salesperson (who seems both knowledgable and honest), we have narrowed it down to the Lopi Leydon as our first choice. I do like the Quadrafire Mt. Vernon, but our sales person reports they are seeing many more repairs on Quadrafires lately. I know the Mt. Vernon is a larger unit both in capacity and output, but I'm not willing to be annoyed by repairs. (That's just a pet peeve of ours!!!)

Anyone care to comment? I'm really not finding a ton of 3rd party info on either brand, so I'm relying on on person's opinion--the sales person. (It should be noted she's recommend the cheaper unit over the more expensive one--that stands for something, I guess!) Thanks, in advance.

Melissa

Well, i have a new Lopi Leyden but only have had it for a week . I was buying a Quadra-Fire but at the last minute after being on this site for 2 months & getting an independent installer's opinion i settled on the Lopi . I love it for it's simplicity & so far it's efficency but it's only been a week . The dealer i bought from had 2 junked Quadras in the dump pile & had discontinued carrying them. But i think if Quadra was junk, they would be out of buisness. I hope this has not confused you anymore . :shut:

You may want to look at the discussion on the forecast for future shortage of pellet fuel as linked on the hearth.com home page.

Status
Not open for further replies.