Lopi Liberty Craigslist Score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like it was a great deal.....Post some pics the CL link doesn't work anymore :)

I have some stoves I need to ship. Please tell me where I can ship a five hundred pound stove anywhere for a hundred bucks?

I gotta' agree on this one. I shipped a Heritage and that was $685. It could have been under $500, but that didn't work out right. I agree. Shipping a stove doesn't cost $100. Even if you were shipping from a freight dock.

June posting.

All,

I haven't done anything with this stove yet; my welder friend has been working out of town.

I called and asked questions about possible warranty based on Lopi's website (they have a short video singing the praises of their real world warranty). The person that answered the phone at the local shop said it wouldn't be under warranty, it would have to go to the dealership that sold it, and I would have to be the original owner. A month later I stopped and talked to the owner, he was genuinely hostile with me because I questioned the information from my phone call (it was his wife that answered the phone). I was informed that they don't warranty any stove that they don't install themselves (Really? Lots of people out there have the background and skills to do a complete and good install). He sort of yelled that they were a professional business and staffed with professionals, he gets very mad when someone questions their knowledge and abilities...

I was shocked that he took this stance and came across this way, how often have you called ANYWHERE on the phone, and the person on the other end doesn't know ANYTHING? I just wanted to verify the warranty info was correct as it was conveyed to me. Suffice to say I won't darken their door again. Too bad, for I have previously purchased a steamer, the largest hearth pad they sell, and all the Liberty secondary air internal parts from them. Maybe he was having a bad day, who knows?

I called another dealer that's over an hour away, and they also told me that I couldn't get any warranty covereage. I didn't expect to get a new stove, but just thought I would aske the question, as maybe the replacement parts could be covered or pro-rated.

Anyone else have any Lopi warranty experiences?

It's been a long time in the making, but I finally got the Liberty repaired, and installed at the camp.

Problems: There were five seperate cracks in the secondary air box beam; all have been welded. The door glass was loose, I could move it back and forth by hand; it's been firmed up by installing two setscrews in the bottom of the door (they were missing). The door gasket did not seal whatsoever; I installed a new one. The latching mechanism nut was loose, and had only one washer/shim, the owners manual shows three come with the stove; I got two more and adjusted as necessary for the new gasket, it now passes the "dollar bill test". The secondary tubes were removed when I picked it up, I got new roll pins and installed (not the easiest access the way they line up the holes). One of the baffle angle iron pieces was warped; my buddy made a new one.

I put all the baffle, side, and bottom bricks in it, installed the bypass slider and pipe connector with a key damper, and fired 'er up. It works great! Lots of secondary action, dancing flame off the wood, good control, and the wood load lasted much longer than the original owner stated (no wonder with all the problems), I had a huge coal bed 7 hours after light-off. It was +12::F inside camp when I lit it, and 7 hours later it was 78::F. For the cost of the gasket ($10) and roll pins (couple $$ @ hardware store), the $20 purchase cost, plus gas for the 150 mile round trip to get it, I think I have a winner! I would put it in the house, except for the hulking BK that only requires 24 hour reloads. Can't get around that piece of performance. The Liberty looks far nicer, both the stove and the fire within. I may spend more time at camp now in the winter, just for the inherent joy of burning with a nice stove!

Way to go, how is the snow at Tug Hill? We are headed up there in 2 weeks.

Way to go, how is the snow at Tug Hill? We are headed up there in 2 weeks.

There is about 3-4" of snow ong the ground in Barnes Corners; I drove into camp Saturday with the truck. Unheard of for the beginning of Feb. Highmarket has more snow, but not a whole lot. There were a lot of sledders around this weekend though. I will wait until it snows more to ride mine.

Problems: There were five seperate cracks in the secondary air box beam; all have been welded.
Sweet deal! A bit of work, and now you a pretty stove and an awesome heater. :cool: They have one in a stove shop here, and I always enjoy seeing it running when I go in there.
How exactly did you rig the stove for the blower test?
I've seen here that the Liberty likes to run hot anyway. If you start developing some leaks, look out! _g Then the issues compound if you don't know much about how stoves operate and the damage that can occur as a result of over-firing.

Reactions: lopiliberty
Status
Not open for further replies.