Lopi Liberty/In the 40's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Some two year old cherry with some basswood for kindling, we had a nice fire last night. Dropping down to 38 tonight, will have another fire tonight. 21 face cord stacked and ready to burn. 1 ash/2 beech/6 hard maple/12 cherry ready to burn and 5 face cord still in the woods.

Zap

OK. You get first place for burning first. I am holding out for last place. :coolsmirk:

BrotherBart said:
OK. You get first place for burning first. I am holding out for last place. :coolsmirk:

That's what you said last year and you caved. :lol: Looking at the weather, I might have a small fire Sunday night.

zapny said:
Some two year old cherry with some basswood for kindling, we had a nice fire last night. Dropping down to 38 tonight, will have another fire tonight. 21 face cord stacked and ready to burn. 1 ash/2 beech/6 hard maple/12 cherry ready to burn and 5 face cord still in the woods.

Zap
Oh 38 degrees in August thats early!

Todd said:
BrotherBart said:

That's what you said last year and you caved. :lol: Looking at the weather, I might have a small fire Sunday night.

71 outside at nine-thirty. Forecast is 80 tomorrow. I think I can hold off a little longer.

This actually looks like the first year that there won't be a "just get it done" first fire in September. I could live with doing the first one in, oh I don't know, November. Ain't gonna make it that long though I know.

BrotherBart said:
Todd said:
BrotherBart said:

71 outside at nine-thirty. Forecast is 80 tomorrow. I think I can hold off a little longer.

This actually looks like the first year that there won't be a "just get it done" first fire in September. I could live with doing the first one in, oh I don't know, November. Ain't gonna make it that long though I know.

Dropping down to 32 Friday night, it's been warm (70) during the days and 50 at night lately. Brotherbart take a look at the picture I put up tonight (perfect picture) deer almost ran me over.

Zap

BrotherBart said:

+1 I'm getting the same weather here. November sounds good to me! Lets keep our fingers crossed!

Been burning in colorado since sunday night, then again it also snowed in colorado springs on monday, tuesday morning, and its supossed to be in the low thirties again tonight! A few mountain town around here have been at the low thirties for a high! Now I dont have any pictures (actually i due, but have no idea how to attach them yet) so it probably never happened, but you can check the weather reports to verify im not a liar! (well not all the time). Ps. I'm in the edge of the plains by the black forest where 4 inches of snow turns into 4 foot drifts cause the wind blows non stop.

Hit 87 today in Seattle. Windows are still open at almost 10pm. Summer headed out with a blast here. Felt good because it was dry and cooled down at night.

I need to have a liner delivered and then I have to install it before I can burn. Maybe it will arrive later this week? Next week install it?

Matt

PINEBURNER said:
Been burning in colorado since sunday night, then again it also snowed in colorado springs on monday, tuesday morning, and its supossed to be in the low thirties again tonight! A few mountain town around here have been at the low thirties for a high! Now I dont have any pictures (actually i due, but have no idea how to attach them yet) so it probably never happened, but you can check the weather reports to verify im not a liar! (well not all the time). Ps. I'm in the edge of the plains by the black forest where 4 inches of snow turns into 4 foot drifts cause the wind blows non stop.

Saw the pictures on the news of it snowing in Colorado, it's in the 70's today in upstate New York with some cooler temps coming in on Friday.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.