lopi libery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Shank

Nov 20, 2005
York, PA
Was looking at this stove to replace my non epa stove. would like some input on what cond you think it is in. And is 400 a fair price?
Stove pipe and blower are include and is about 10 years old.

Good condition Lopi wood stove, takes 16" wood front to back, 22" side to side. Must use stove fan to get full heat out-put. Some stove brick are broken and I have removed all brick to make stove lighter. Door needs gasket. Obviously pics show stove just painted and it did clean up nice. It wasn't rusty, just dirty. Even so a little light rust cleans up w/steel wool and high temp paint

Also this be an epa aproved stove I,m i right in asuming it should be cleaner and more efficent?
Thanks,
Jay

Attachments

• DSC02134.jpg
    DSC02134.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 475
  • DSC02133.jpg
    DSC02133.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 421
  • 9oPGeL8yCvjVc0hRVJ5pvJVHptT7.jpg
    9oPGeL8yCvjVc0hRVJ5pvJVHptT7.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 429
I think that is a fair price condition looks good that rust inside will dissappear when exposed to heat $400 not bad

I think that's a steal..

Yes, it's a steal. Buy it before they mention to someone else that they are looking to sell it and it's gone. That stove new sells for probably $2500 plus tax.

MarkG

I was looking online for prices on a new on but could not find any. But from what i read the new liberty is the same. Was goning to wait and buy a new stove next year till I came across this. Was think reseal the door and burn this year and rebiuld in the summer and save $$.
Jay

Hawkeye, you did the right thing by removing the bricks. It really lightens it up for moving. Also, make sure you remove the door to move it. That door weighs over 30 lbs, plus it protects the glass and gives you more places to grab it. Your last post mentions rebuilding but I don't see anything that needs rebuilding. Just a door gasket? Do the air tubes all look good?

Buy it!

MarkG

I have not seen the stove yet. tring to make arrangments do that today or tommorrow.The stove 2 hours away but for the price i feel it will be worth the ride. Thanks for tip about the door.
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.