Lopi LX Universal Flue Adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PaVaSt

Nov 15, 2013
Detroit
I have a 1982 Lopi Classic LX fireplace insert. Currently, it vents directly into the flue bell of my chimney. I'd like to pipe it to the top of the chimney, but this requires a special part due to the way Lopi designed the flue collar back in those days (see picture.) Travis Industries (the maker of Lopi) used to make a flue adapter to retrofit these units but they stopped making them around 2000 and ran out of stock not much longer after that. They provided a drawing to a local dealer near me. I've attached the drawing to this post. 2 questions: 1 - does anyone know where any of these may still be laying around? 2 - If not, does anyone know anybody who would build this for me? I've been sending it out for quote all over metro detroit and for some inexplicable reason, nobody will touch it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reg

Attachments

• 20131028_194716.jpg
    20131028_194716.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 557
  • 20131028_194738.jpg
    20131028_194738.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 551
  • FlueAdaptor1.jpg
    FlueAdaptor1.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 593
  • FlueAdaptor2.jpg
    FlueAdaptor2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 513
I have a 1982 Lopi Classic LX fireplace insert. Currently, it vents directly into the flue bell of my chimney. I'd like to pipe it to the top of the chimney, but this requires a special part due to the way Lopi designed the flue collar back in those days (see picture.) Travis Industries (the maker of Lopi) used to make a flue adapter to retrofit these units but they stopped making them around 2000 and ran out of stock not much longer after that. They provided a drawing to a local dealer near me. I've attached the drawing to this post. 2 questions: 1 - does anyone know where any of these may still be laying around? 2 - If not, does anyone know anybody who would build this for me? I've been sending it out for quote all over metro detroit and for some inexplicable reason, nobody will touch it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reg
Did you find out where to get one of these or how to get one made?

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.