Lopi Offering A Free Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it's enough to make me switch from Buck or Quadra-Fire, providing I can get a liner put in that is.

I just a purchased a Lopi wood stove and the dealer said it was for their gas models only. Unless someone heard something else...

Hakusan said:
I just a purchased a Lopi wood stove and the dealer said it was for their gas models only. Unless someone heard something else...

It's for all their stoves (wood too). A local dealer told me a week ago this sale was coming but I thought it was just at their store. It actually appears to be a national campaign and comes from the manufacturer. You should still have room to negotiate (if you want). The free blower by itself works out to the same as getting somewhere between a 6-10% discount on your purchase

Hakusan said:

Well, it shows a photo of the Lopi Freedom wood burning unit right on the cover. The dealer told me Lopi does that a couple times a year.

I visited the closest Lopi dealer today, and they aren't participating in this promotion. Their 1750i is priced at $1700, without a blower. The salesman said that their deals on stoves offset what I would pay at another dealer that was part of the promotion. What do you all think about that? Is $1700 a great price?

I checked with another Lopi dealer (~40 miles away from my house), and they aren't part of the promotion, either. What's up with Lopi having a promotion that dealers aren't taking part in?

As somebody suggested in a PM, I'll try to use the promotion to haggle down a price.

Dirtgrain said:
I visited the closest Lopi dealer today, and they aren't participating in this promotion. Their 1750i is priced at $1700, without a blower. The salesman said that their deals on stoves offset what I would pay at another dealer that was part of the promotion. What do you all think about that? Is $1700 a great price?

Yeah, I think it is! I priced that one at the only dealer within an hour of me that carries Lopi and it seemed to be more in the mid-2000s range, so I think under 2000 is a good price. That's the one I was looking at (and the Revere, which was even more.)

Dirtgrain said:
I checked with another Lopi dealer (~40 miles away from my house), and they aren't part of the promotion, either. What's up with Lopi having a promotion that dealers aren't taking part in?

As somebody suggested in a PM, I'll try to use the promotion to haggle down a price.

Dealers don't want to take part in things like this because the blower isn't "free" from Lopi... Travis industries does not give you a blower.. the dealer has to eat half the cost of the blower, and front the cost of shipping from Washinton state to give you your free blower. On top of that, he has to stock many of these "free" blowers to give out (which he pays 100% up front for) and then has paperwork to fill out and a 30 day wait time to get 50% of his cost (without the UPS shipping fees) back on it. Many would rather haggle over 5-10% on a stove with a customer because its cash in hand then and there, than to deal with the paper work, wait time and logistics of dealing with free blower promos.
Lopi does not own any dealerships (nor does it front any capital to dealers), so it kinda sucks when manufacturers dictate these sales to the dealers (who are all independent).
Its like early this year when HHT had a 600 $ off promo: they took put a $300 credit on the dealer's acct and the dealer ate $300 off the retail to give out a 600$ discount... but it was alot of work for dealers, as individual serial #s had to be assigned to each customer... when you loaded up for a job, or sold a stove, you had to have the one with the right serial# for that customer or you lost the 300 credit. Its alot of extra work for the dealer, and alot of $ to eat.

summit said:
Dealers don't want to take part in things like this because the blower isn't "free" from Lopi... Travis industries does not give you a blower.. the dealer has to eat half the cost of the blower, and front the cost of shipping from Washinton state to give you your free blower...then has paperwork to fill out and a 30 day wait time to get 50% of his cost...

Based on that, the dealer is basically discounting "around" $80-100 off the price of your stove/blower combo (using an estimated dealer cost of "approximately" $160-200 for the blower). You should be able to get another 2-300 (approx 15%) off that price if you're there with cash in hand and the dealer is truly interested in making a sale. Auto dealers so this all the time; you just have to be willing to walk away and take your money elsewhere. A dealer should be happy to take a quick 10% profit sale if it presents itself vs. passing for the next 25-30+% sale because it simply means that instead of having X sales for the qtr/yr he'll have X+1 (or more) by making a few extra sales to the people who want a break from the typical markup.

So a Lopi dealer an hour or so away from me has the model I want (while the others seem never to have heard of it ) - If I go down there ready to purchase, is there any wiggle room at all for them to budge from MSRP? Like this blower offer, would they/could they extend it even though it's a couple weeks past the date stated? Just wondering whether it's like a car, and they will work with you sometimes because they want to unload it, or if you pay MSRP or take a hike.
I'm not trying to insult anyone, just wondering how it works, this will be more money than I have spent on anything except a car!

(BTW just for reference, I am looking to buy the Republic with a DOOR (duh, this separate door thing annoys me esp with the republic where there are no upgrade or color options for the door anyway), and with a blower and surround. The price quotes I have gotten from a few dealers over the phone have all been the same, (or within a few bucks) $2130 or so.)

Hakusan said:

Speaking of that I just saw this ad/coupon that is for a free blower or etc that IS now but IS on gas stoves only, apparently. Perhaps this is the month for the gas stoves and last month was for wood? I can see how that might confuse the dealers too if that is the case.

http://www.richshome.com/images/pdfs/coupon_fireplace.pdf

It never hurts to ask, "Can you work with me on the pricing?". Some can and will, others may not, but they should give you a straight up answer. One thing not to do is start with, "I'll give you". Do that and you may find yourself on the door step or halfway across the parking lot. I even ask at the BigBox stores. Just called about pellets and talked to the seasonal floor supervisor asked "Is there a break on a ton or more?" Got a, "Nope", but it was pleasant and encouraging to buy. Never piss the seller off by using excuses like business is bad, or seems your stock isn't moving, etc. Nice guys get helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.