Lopi Pioneer Bay pellet insert - beeping noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisesposito

Nov 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
Hi,
We have one of these pellet fireplace inserts, and it has begun to make a faint beeping noise. At about the same time, the ability to control the operation of the insert via the remote control stopped working. My wife said she replaced the batteries in the remote control so that doesn't appear to be the problem. Manual starting / stopping of the insert works just fine. I found a users manual but there was no mention of any beeping sound or what kind of fault it might indicate. Has anybody heard this sound?

Thanks,
Chris

Is it a batter operated reciver if it is it cloud low bat on that and when you change the bat you need to reprogram alot of the units on the market.

Is it Travis wireless remote thermostat? In the thermostat manual it tells you how to pair the remote to the stove/receiver. That said, my installer did not leave me the manual I had to get it from Lopi's web site. the stove manual does not discuss the wireless remote thermostat.

Status
Not open for further replies.